A demonstration and talk from the founder of the Emmett Technique - Ross Emmett.
What is the Emmett Technique?
Emmett Technique is a gentle muscle release therapy used to relieve pain and discomfort, and to improve body movement and balance.
This technique was developed in Australia and is now very popular in the UK, Europe and Australia. It is used either as a stand alone treatment, or incorporated into other therapies. It is used by anyone from nurses, doctors, physiotherapists, personal trainers through to massage therapists.
How can Emmett help me?
If you have tried conventional treatments, physical therapy and other types of therapies with no success, then it is worth giving the Emmett technique a try and see the results! It can give substantial long lasting relief from issues within the first treatment.
Within the clinic at Tracey's Body Repairs (Bodywork & Massage Therapy), it is used to treat isolated area's in short amounts of time. For example, soft tissue mechanic Tracey Lillis used it very successfully at two Crossfit Games (Elite Fitness League) held in Rockhampton in 2014. It assisted athletes competing in the competition to get back in the 'box' when they came off the field experiencing shoulder restrictions and tightness, lower back pain, hamstring tightness, neck pain and more. They each had approximately 20 minutes on the table to get a treatment and then they were back into competition.
There was amazement by Crossfit athletes and the other massage therapist alike (who was using deep tissue massage) at the results achieved with no discomfort (and a lot less effort) compared to the deep tissue massage.
Some of the benefits you can experience with this wonderful technique include -
* improve body posture
* improve balance
* relieve pain
More specific benefits include -
* relief from neck and back pain (upper, mid and lower back)
* restore flexibility in all muscle groups (e.g. hamstrings, quads, pec's, lat's etc)
* relieve abdominal issues, including period pain and irregular bowel
* relieve fluid retention & restricted foot movements
* improve range of movement in neck and arms (including frozen shoulder)
* assist those who have difficulty with standing unassisted, squatting or climbing steps
* relief from carpal tunnel, RSI, golfers/tennis elbow, and weak grips
* relief from buttock pain, sciatica, and groin pain
* assist with increasing capacity of lungs and asthma
* relief from reflux and anxiety
* relief from knee pain, shin splints, Achilles, ankle and all types of foot pain
* relief from facial pain and jaw restrictions
* relief from headaches and migraines
* relief from lymphatic conditions such as sinus and chest congestion, ear ache, tear duct blockage
* assist with bed wetting, incontinence and fertility issues
The Emmett technique is also used in combination with the Neurostructural Integration Technique (Advanced form of Bowen Therapy) to provide a powerful and effective full body structural alignment.
What can I expect in an Emmett treatment at Tracey's Body Repairs?
I will discuss and assess range of motion, pain and discomfort with you. I will then either treat you standing, sitting or lying down depending on the issue. Further testing and 'refining' of body movement will be done before you leave feeling better than when you came in!
"I just want to thank you with all my heart for the treatments you have applied to my body so far. I walked away today absolutely stunned. My shoulders have never been able to move forward or sideways for such a long time." read more